Remember a departed loved one with a sentimental wax seal necklace with the words THOUGH LOST TO SIGHT TO MEMORY DEAR ... meaningful memorial wax seal jewelry
- symbolism -
People have worn mourning jewelry for centuries, as a touchstone to remember a departed loved one. Just think, someone used this wax seal with sealing wax to seal notes and correspondence after a meaningful loss.
Hand cast from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) agate watch fob wax seal, shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 7/8" by almost 1" (21mm x 24mm)
- shown with a 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout. the chain will be shiny silver unless you specify by note that you'd prefer an oxidized chain
more chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs found here.
Pearls are full of symbolism, often varying by period and culture, and in Victorian England they were symbolic of tears. If you'd like to add a pearl to your necklace you can find it here.
The last photo depicts the same sentimental wax seal necklace in a smaller size THO LOST TO SIGHT TO MEMORY DEAR and it is available here.
Impressed with history!