A very cool spurred boot clan crest wax seal necklace and within the garter is the motto DULCE PERICULUM which translates DANGER IS SWEET. Wax seal jewelry with attitude!
Scottish, a boot couped at the ankle, ppr. and and spurred; within a crest badge with the Latin motto DULCE PERICULUM which translates DANGER IS SWEET. The last Chief of this clan was Aulay MacAulay
- symbolism -
A spur in heraldry is symbolic of preparedness for active service and pressing onward.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 5/8” (16mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Victorian gold and agate watch key wax seal, shown in the photographs.
The last photo shows the spurred boot paired with the flintlock pistol watch key ... how perfectly wild, wild west!
Find the flintlock pistol charm here.
Find more chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs here.
Impressed with history!
This is the clan crest and/or motto for many with surnames MacAulay, MacCaulay, M’Alla, M’Call, M’Aulay, Mackauly and very likely others.
Plate 118 - Crest 6