Let your Mother know you're thinking of her with a MUM letter envelope wax seal necklace.
- description -
A tiny letter envelope, sealed with a wax seal stamp, under the word MUM.
- symbolism -
The Victorians took their letter writing very seriously. Really, it was the only means of personal communication over distances. There were books and guides for letter writing etiquette and details were important, such as paper choice, ink color, drawings, ribbons, and envelope ornamentation. The manner of sealing the letter was equally important - sealing wax color, and of course, to choose a seal that would hint to the contents of the letter. In this case, the recipient would know before breaking the seal that this note was from their special MUM.
Hand cast from a tiny Victorian fob wax seal (1837 - 1901), shown in the photograph.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (14mm x 14mm) it's small
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!