Wear a gorgeous piece of history loaded with symbolism, an anchor overlaid with a winged heart wax seal necklace pendant, created with an antique wax seal that dates back to the post medieval period.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, HOPE for tomorrow." ~ Albert Einstein
- description -
A dove sits on top of an anchor overlaid with a winged heart that sits above a leafy vine. At the top are 3 letters IFH, presumedly the intended original owners initials.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is an emblem of hope, steadfastness and eternal life.
The heart is symbolic of sincerity, truth, kindness, loyalty, love and charity.
Wings symbolize swiftness and protection.
A dove symbolizes love, constancy and peace.
Hand cast from a spectacular post medieval period wax seal, which dates back to 1600 - 1700, and came from Gdansk Poland. It’s shown in the photos but not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - just over 7/8” x just under 7/8” (24mm x 21mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!