Sinking ship wax seal necklace pendant ... the sinking ship under a rainbow is surrounded by the Latin words QUID TU SI PEREO which translate TO WHAT AVAIL IF I PERISH?
Queen Elizabeth delighted in these whimsical impress devices that helped to convey her sentiments and this was one of her favorites! A hopeful token without good effects.
“Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray.” - Lord Byron
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a ship is symbolic of a sea voyage and a rainbow represents good times after bad.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (16mm x 17mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Victorian Era (1837 - 1901) glass block wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
The sea serpent charm holder is available here.
Impressed with history!