ship and compass wax seal necklace - such is life - wax seal jewelry
A small ship wax seal necklace with the words SUCH IS LIFE, wax seal jewelry to remind us that just as a ship needs to weather unpredictable storms, so must we. There is a small compass rose on the backside of the necklace giving you just a little more direction (shown in the first photo).
"You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails." ~ a German proverb
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship is symbolic an ancient sea voyage and the compass rose represents guidance, direction and protection. Ships are built to weather all kinds of storms.
- approximate measurement - between 1/2” - 5/8" (15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from a Victorian era trinket wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901) and the reverse impressed with an old compass wax seal.
Find more chains and add ons here.
And available in other SUCH IS LIFE styles.
More ship wax seal jewelry is available here.
Impressed with history!