A duet of solitary small sterling silver skull wax seal dangle earrings ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - between 1/4" - 3/8” (10mm x 8mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- ear wires - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- little plugs for the ear wires are included so that if you use them you won't lose an earring
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE.
Impressed with history!