Like a sweet and gentle flower, a lovely rose wax seal necklace surrounded by the sentiment THOU TOO WILT FADE ... we all do fade as flowers do, a reminder to live life to its fullest at whatever your age. Prickly meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
A rose is symbolic of love and beauty.
Incidentally, withered roses represent fleeting beauty.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” x 5/8" (17mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique Victorian Era (1837 - 1901) fob wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Then go, be all thy tints display'd;
Yet stay while I the truth impart:
Thou too wilt droop, thou too wilt fade,
Sweet gentle flower if near her heart.
from The Literary Magazine 1807
Impressed with history!