St. Hubert stag wax seal necklace - saint of hunters - medieval wax se
A beautifully rustic stag wax seal necklace, the stag's head with a cross caught in his antlers representing St. Hubert, the patron saint of hunting and hunters.
The stags head is surrounded by a Latin legend which might read IESUS MERCI, which would translate THANK YOU JESUS, but I cannot be sure. The rustic letters are a little challenging to decipher and the medieval seal, from which the charm is impress, has a little corrosion around the edges after spending centuries in the ground.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and an inch ruler for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an early 14th century bronze Chessman type wax seal.
Impressed with history!