Adorn yourself with a special stemmed rose wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
A damask rose on a stem with leaves, within a crest shield, above a banner with a Latin motto that reads AD ROSAM and translates either THE ROSE or TO ROSE, as part of the inspiring spiritual use in Ad Rosam per Crucem Ad Crucem per Rosam which means - To the rose through the cross. To the cross through the rose.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, this is a damask rose, stalked and leaved, meaning it has a stem and leaves.
The rose is a symbol of love and beauty.
Hand cast from an antique French desk wax seal that dates back to the Bourbon Restoration period (1814 - 1830).
- approximate measurement - just over 3/4” (20mm)
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!