skull drop earrings - sterling silver skull earrings - wax seal jewelr
A duet of solitary small sterling silver skull wax seal drop earrings ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is symbolic of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things ... the Latin sentiment MEMENTO MORI means remember your death and is meant to inspire you to intentionally think about your own death every day, as a means of appreciating the present and focus on the future.
- approximate measurement - between 1/4" - 3/8” (10mm x 8mm)
- shown with a US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- ear wires - long drop sterling silver - 1 1/4" length (33mm), back (34mm)
- little plugs for the ear wires are included so that if you use them you won't lose an earring
Impressed from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates YOU ARE, I WAS, YOU WILL BE.
Impressed with history!