A small ship wax seal necklace with the words SUCH IS LIFE, wax seal jewelry to remind us that just as a ship needs to weather unpredictable storms, so must we. There is a small compass rose on the backside of the necklace giving you just a little more direction.
"You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails." ~ a German proverb
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship is symbolic an ancient sea voyage and the compass rose represents guidance, direction and protection. Ships are built to weather all kinds of storms.
- approximate measurement - between 1/2” - 5/8" (15mm)
- this is the larger, thicker of 2 SUCH IS LIFE wax seal necklace charms
- the last photo depicts the smaller thinner SUCH IS LIFE ship
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from a Victorian era trinket wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901) and the reverse impressed with an old compass wax seal.
Find more chains and add ons here.
Impressed with history!