Time flies so seize the day with a winged hourglass wax seal necklace pendant, the hourglass with wings within a crest ... the wings of time meaningful and symbolic antique wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the hourglass depicted with wings is a symbol that human existence is fleeting, and that the "sands of time" will run out for every human life. Time flies and death comes too soon for many ... Make now matter!
The hourglass, or sandglass, has long been a device used to measure time with evidence dating back to the 8th century and in heraldry it is symbolic of the flight of time and mortality.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2” (14 x 13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a very special art deco signet ring, which dates to 1924.
Find the gold winged hourglass wax seal necklace here.
Impressed with history!