Wear a piece of history with this wax seal necklace depicting a rattlesnake under the famous words DON'T TREAD ON ME. The defiant rattlesnake is coiled into a figure 8 under a banner with the words DON'T TREAD ON ME. Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the snake is symbolic of wisdom.
The snake under the words DON'T TREAD ON ME represents strength, subtle defiance and resistance.
- approximate measurement - 1” x 7/8” (22mm x 215mm)
- the words are challenging to read because the wax seal from which it was cast is well loved and worn
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an antique wax seal fob that likely dates back to the 1800's.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!