Sail away wearing a tiny ship wax seal necklace pendant, a tiny little three masted ship heading to destinations unknown ... nautical sterling silver wax seal jewelry.
“If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.” ~ Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship is symbolic of an ancient sea voyage.
- approximate measurement - 3/8" (11mm x 10mm) tiny!
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Impressed from a small ornate Victorian wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901)
It has 6 arms and each arm of the seal has a three sided rotating seal. A Victorian woman would choose one of the 18 seals, depending on her message or mood, to secure her correspondence with sealing wax.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!