A tiny sterling silver skull tie tack, a wonderful wax seal accessory - a skull lapel pin, jacket pin, hat pin ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate wax seal measurement - just over 1/4" (8mm)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- tie tack clutch - stainless steel
- please note that this listing is for one tie tack
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates YOU ARE, I WAS, YOU WILL BE.
Impressed with history!