A ship wax seal necklace with the sentiment TELLE EST LA VIE which translates SUCH IS LIFE, wax seal jewelry to remind us that just as a ship needs to weather unpredictable storms, so must we. This old rig sailing vessel aground on the rocks will find a way to make the situation more bearable and so will you.
"You cannot direct the wind but you can adjust the sails." ~ a German proverb
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship is symbolic an ancient sea voyage and the compass rose represents guidance, direction and protection. Ships are built to weather all kinds of storms.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from an 19th century French multiple wax seal set.
Impressed with history!