Hold court with this powerful and majestic griffin, or gryphon, wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
The griffin is a legendary creature with the body of a lion (the king of beasts) and the head and wings of an eagle (the king of birds). It's a very powerful and majestic creature.
The upper body of the griffin is sitting above a crown, within an armorial shield, under a shell... beautiful detail for a wax seal that dates back to the renaissance!
- symbolism -
In heraldry a griffin, or gryphon, symbolizes vigilance, courage, strength and boldness.
Hand cast from a well aged, early 14th century medieval wax seal that was once part of a swivel seal, with a lion on the back side, the wax seal a bit corroded after spending centuries in the ground before being unearthed, as shown in the photos.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 19mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!