Celebrate a dear friend with this tiny ornate fob wax seal necklace - on the bottom is a picture of a ship under the word FRIEND, sending a message of friendship.
You've got a friend indeed! Lovely friendship wax seal jewelry borrowed from history.
This little friendship gift is in the style of a rebus, a puzzle or pun where both words and pictures are used to convey a sentiment.
The word FRIEND is engraved in the reverse so that it reads proper when impressed in sealing wax. You could possibly use the fob reproduction to impress wax seals on your correspondence but I don't find the tiny image to be all that clear.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” tall x 3/8" matrix (18mm x 10mm) it's tiny!
- wax seal fob metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Georgian era watch fob wax seal (1714 - 1837).
The original fob seal is shown in the second to last photo - the tiny gold fob with an amethyst intaglio, not available for purchase.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Find the lovely watch chain, shown in the last photo, here.
Impressed with history!