A tiny gold dog wax seal necklace pendant and above the dog is the word FAITHFUL.
Meaningful wax seal jewelry.
There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog. ~ Konrad Lorenz
- symbolism -
In heraldry, dogs symbolize loyalty, fidelity, vigilance and courage.
- approximate measurement - 1/2" (13mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver) with a 14k gold vermeil
- photographed with a 1937 US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small bone handled antique desk wax seal, dating back to the Victorian era (1837 - 1901).
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
More chains are available here.
Find the tiny sterling silver dog wax seal necklace here.
Add a little matching pocket mirror.
Impressed with history!