A gorgeously textured dried clove bud necklace charm … syzygium aromaticum ... endlessly interesting spicy jewelry.
One little bud of clove has lots of powerful properties and I’m naming just a few … help with inflammation, protection against aging, antibacterial properties and also offer protection, cleansing and spiritual healing.
It is also said to be commonly associated with love potions as it is a compelling herb used to help guide potions to their intended effects with its power and potency.
- approximate measurement - 3/4“ (20mm) including loop x 1/4” (7mm)
- the little clove bud is beautifully textured on all four sides
- the suspension loop inside measures 5/32” (5mm)
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime and inch ruler for scale
- clove bud charm only - the sterling silver cable chain is sold separately here.
I’ve sand cast the little clove bud in sterling silver and then had it lost wax cast in sterling silver before finishing it up in my own little studio ... hand crafted jewelry when how it's made matters 😊
“The most basic and reliable love potion was made from anise, rosemary, honey and cloves boiled for nine hours. Called Love Potion Number Nine, it worked best on the ninth hour or the ninth day of the ninth month.” ~ Alice Hoffman, “The Rules of Magic” in the Practical Magic book series
You can find the Love Potion Number Nine charm necklace here.
The little clove bud earrings, shown in the last photo, can be found here.
History made wearable!
©2023 suegray jewelry