Borrowing from history, sterling silver ouroboros earrings, snake earrings.
The ouroboros is a serpent snake eating its own tail, an ancient symbol which signifies infinity, eternity and the cycle of life and death.
- ouroboros size - just over 5/8" (17mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- sterling silver ear wires
- earrings drop 1 1/8" from the hook bend to the bottom of the ouroboros
Hand crafted from an antique 19th century gold ouroboros, shown in the photo but that one is not available for purchase. Snake, or serpent, jewelry was very popular in the 19th century.
Impressed with history!
©2019 suegray jewelry