Faith leaning on hope wax seal necklace pendant in gold, as this lovely woman leans on a large anchor, consoled by hope ... inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the anchor is a symbol of well grounded hope, salvation and stability.
- approximate measurement - 7/8"x 3/4" (25mm x 20mm)
- shown next to an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver) with a 14k gold vermeil
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a Georgian era (1714 - 1830) swivel watch fob wax seal, shown in the photo.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
Find the sterling silver faith leaning on hope wax seal necklace here.
Find more chains here.
Impressed with history!
Quite possibly this antique seal was modeled after this intaglio print.