Bewitching witch wax seal jewelry! A little witch wax seal necklace pendant, the witch wearing her cape and conical hat, raising her hammer and flying on her broomstick surrounded by the words WE ALL HAVE OUR HOBBIES.
The raised hammer is likely in reference to Mallevs Maleficarvm or Malleus Maleficarum, possibly Latin which translates to The Hammer of Witches, a book completed in 1486 about detecting and punishing witches.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 5/8" (15mm x 16mm)
- the words are small and worn and very challenging to read on the wax seal charm
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small antique Victorian era (1837 - 1901) witch desk wax seal with a gorgeous turned banded agate handle.
This is the smaller of the witch wax seal necklace charms, the larger one found here.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history!