Seize the day with a winged hourglass wax seal necklace pendant ... CARPE DIEM!
- description -
An hourglass with wings flies under the Latin motto CARPE DIEM which translates SEIZE THE DAY. Please note that the words are delicately engraved on the glass antique seal making them hard to see on the finished silver wax seal charm.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, an hourglass symbolizes the flight of time ~ mortality.
CARPE DIEM is a gentle warning to make the most of the time we have, with the implication that our time on Earth is short.
Hand cast from a colorful antique glass multiple wax seal set, that dates back to the Georgian era (1714 - 1830).
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here. And if you'd prefer an oxidized chain (antiqued) to the shiny chain shown, simply make this request at checkout in the "add a note to your order" box.
Impressed with history!