Seize the day with a winged hourglass wax seal necklace pendant ... CARPE DIEM!
- description -
An hourglass with wings flies under the Latin motto CARPE DIEM which translates SEIZE THE DAY. Please note that the words are delicately engraved on the glass antique seal making them hard to see on the finished silver wax seal charm.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, an hourglass symbolizes the flight of time ~ mortality.
CARPE DIEM is a gentle reminder urging you to make the most of this moment and give little thought to the future.
Hand cast from a colorful antique glass multiple wax seal set, that dates back to the Georgian era (1714 - 1830).
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!