Be inspired with this uplifting two hands and a wing armorial wax seal necklace pendant.
"In the wake of a storm, each person acts in accordance with their own nature... some flee or hide, and some spread their wings, like an eagle, and soar on the wind!"
- description -
In the center is an oval shaped shield, so the seal likely belonged to a clergyman or lady in continental Europe. Within this oval there is an eagle with wings displayed, or spread, and below it are two hands, one on either side of a wing. Historically, the eagle is thought to be the bird to fly closest to heaven. Above the shield is an armored helmet and surrounding all this is lovely ornamentation.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the eagle with wings displayed symbolizes a person of action, showing strength, bravery and alertness. The two hands symbolize sincerity, faith and judgement. The wing symbolizes swiftness and protection.
Hand cast from a rustic, one of a kind, antique 17th century armorial desk wax seal.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” (23mm x 24mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!