A lovely Victorian hand necklace pendant, the figural right hand detailed on both sides with a lovely cuff and is holding a small orb between her thumb and index finger.
Now also available fully oxidized. If you prefer the fully oxidized Victorian hand please do send a note at checkout.
- hand measurement - 1" x almost 3/8" (25mm x 9mm) - the measurement includes the attached loop but not the jump ring
- metal - solid 3D sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed next to a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
The hand is typical of the Victorian era but we haven't been able to positively date it.
The original antique ouroboros was gold and dates back to the 19th century.
We have borrowed these from history and reproduced them in sterling silver to share with you.
- symbolism -
The hand is the tool of tools. It represents strength, power and protection. It's also symbolic of loyalty, strength, romance, generosity, hospitality and stability. Historically, the hand has been and continues to be symbolic of greeting and friendship.
Impressed with history!
©2021 suegray jewelry