Sail away wearing a very tiny ship wax seal necklace pendant.
“If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.” ~ Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD
- description -
The tiniest little three masted ship heading to destinations unknown!
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the ship symbolizes ancient sea voyages.
Hand cast from a small ornate Victorian wheel wax seal (1837 - 1901)
It has 6 arms and each arm of the seal has a three sided rotating seal. A Victorian woman would choose one of the 18 seals, depending on her message or mood, to secure her correspondence. I've included a photo of the wax seal but it is not for sale.
- approximate measurement - 3/8 x 3/8” (11mm x 10mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!