A seriously small 14K gold skull wax seal necklace pendant ... meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull is a symbol of mortality and a reminder that death comes to all living things and life is short so make now matter.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/8” (8mm without including the loop)
- shown with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - solid 14k gold
- note the 9th photo depicts a sterling silver tiny skull wax seal pendant, same size
- chain - a 14k gold filled rolo chain with a lobster clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Hand crafted from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the photographs, the full size wax seal depicting a skull surrounded by the Latin sentiment ES FVI SVM ERIS which translates AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE.
Impressed with history!