sword wax seal necklace - tis better as it is
A wax seal necklace for the Shakespeare lover or for those of us who have thought better of an initial reaction, a wonderful rapier, a short sword, surrounded by the sentiment TIS BETTER AS IT IS. Thoughtful and meaningful wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
The sentiment TIS BETTER AS IT IS derives from The Tragedy of Othello by William Shakespeare, in Act 1, scene 2 and means that it's better that you didn't (kill him). The rapier is a short sword with a slender and sharply-pointed two-edged blade and is used for thrusting.
In heraldry, the rapier, or sword, represents justice.
- approximate measurement - just over 5/8” x 5/8" (17mm x 15mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with a US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Find more chains and charm holders here.
Pair it with a William Shakespeare wax seal necklace. as shown in the last photo.
Hand crafted from an antique carnelian intaglio signet ring that dates back to the Victorian era (1837 - 1901).
Impressed with history!