Well guarded, a stone bridge over the moat guarding the castle tower wax seal necklace pendant … home, a safe place where you can be yourself.
"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned." ~ Maya Angelou
- description -
This beautiful armorial wax seal depicts an oval shield, divided with a stone bridge occupying the bottom half of the shield, a fleur de lis and a castle tower in the top half of the shield which is supported by a leafy vine.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the stone bridge represents a governor or magistrate, one who must endure the assaults, taunts and envy of those discontented.
The castle tower symbolizes home and safety. It also represents spiritual power and vigilance on the watch.
The fleur de lis symbolizes purity and light. French kings long used the fleur-de-lis as an emblem of their sovereignty.
Hand cast from an 18th century double ended French desk wax seal with a flaming pierced heart on the other end. I've given the seal a photo of its own, it's just so beautiful.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 7/8" (19mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!