A beautiful sentiment surrounds this tiny star wax seal necklace pendant - watch over the one I love - thoughtful and meaningful antique wax seal jewelry.
"These blessed candles of the night." - William Shakespeare
- description -
A tiny single star surrounded by the French words VEILLE SUR CE QUE J'AIME which translate WATCH OVER MY LOVED ONE or WATCH OVER THE ONE I LOVE.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a star is the symbol of guidance, truth, spirit and hope. It also symbolizes constancy and celestial goodness.
Hand cast from a French restoration multiple wax seal set that dates back to 1827 (It was patented in France between January 1 - March 31, 1827). See the photo for a few of the lovely French wax seals included in the little case.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (13mm x 14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime, same size as todays dimes.
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!