Be inspired with a single star wax seal necklace pendant symbolizing BRIGHTER IN THE DARKNESS.
- description -
A single five pointed star is surrounded by a ring of circles, called an orle, which means circle of something, with the Latin motto above IN TENEBRIS LUCIDIOR which translates literally IN THE DARKNESS, BRIGHTER or BRIGHTER IN THE DARKNESS, shining more brightly in the shadows. Below the orle is the monogram JJ for whom the seal was first intended.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a star symbolizes celestial goodness, a noble person and excellence.
Hand cast from a 19th century European agate fob wax seal that dates between 1800 - 1820, shown in the photograph.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" - 7/8" (19mm x 23mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!