Be inspired with a single star wax seal necklace pendant, the star is surrounded by a ring of circles, called an orle, which means circle of something, and the Latin motto IN TENEBRIS LUCIDIOR which translates BRIGHTER IN THE DARKNESS, shining more brightly in the shadows.
Below is the original owners initials JJ.
Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, a star is symbolic of celestial goodness, a noble person and excellence.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" - 7/8" (19mm x 23mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a 19th century European agate fob wax seal that dates between 1800 - 1820.
Impressed with history!