Guided by a single star, a rustic post medieval star wax seal necklace pendant, or as the French say etoile, or estoile, with 8 points - both meaningful and historical wax seal jewelry and a lovely inspirational gift!
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." ~ William Shakespeare
- description -
A single star with 8 points, four of which are straight and four of which are rayant, or waved rays.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the French word etoile (old French estoile) is used for a star with 6 or more points or rays, this one with 4 straight rays and 4 waved rays.
It is a symbol of guidance, truth, spirit and hope. It also symbolizes constancy and celestial goodness.
Hand cast from a post medieval (1500's - 1600's) wax seal. See the actual wax seal in the photo, not available for purchase.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (16mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old 1937 US dime - same size as current dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!