Well paired sterling silver skull earrings, skull studs. Memento mori! These little sterling silver skull earrings are captivating treasures reminding us that death comes to all living things.
- description -
Small silver post earrings with a solitary skull in the center.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull symbolizes mortality so make now matter.
Hand cast from just a portion of an antique Georgian wheel wax seal (1714 - 1830), shown in the 4th photograph.
The full size wax seal depicts the skull surrounded by Latin words ES FUI SUM ERIS which translate AS YOU ARE NOW SO ONCE WAS I, AS I AM NOW SO MUST YOU BE or YOU ARE AS I HAVE BEEN, YOU WILL BE AS I AM
- approximate wax seal measurement - just over 1/4" (8mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- earring posts - sterling silver
- earring back/clutch - sterling silver
- select clutch style at checkout - last photo: friction ear nuts (left) or bullet clutch (right)
- please note that this listing is for one pair of earrings
Impressed with history!