skull and winged anchor wax seal necklace - family crest wax seal jewe
A wonderful skull wax seal necklace pendant, a family crest within a central shield, with anchors and a tiny skull above crossbones in the center. This sits below a winged anchor crest with letters ACL and GVR flanking the crest, presumably the initials of the original owner and his wife.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull and crossed thighbones symbolize mortality, the anchors represent hope and the set of wings represent swiftness and protection.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” x 7/8" (19mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from an 18th century European armorial crest steel desk wax seal, partially pictured in the photo.
Impressed with history!