I'm intrigued by this wonderful wax seal necklace depicting a family crest shield, with a skull and crossbones, a flower and a heart filled with arrows wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
An ornate family crest coat of arms shield, within which is a flower occupying one half of the shield and the other half is divided with a skull and crossbones at the top and a heart filled with six arrows at the bottom. Above the shield is a helmet and it appears that the face plate is heart shaped. The helmet is also filled with six arrows.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the skull and crossed bones symbolize mortality. Make now matter.
The flower symbolizes hope and joy.
The heart represents charity and sincerity.
The arrows symbolize readiness.
Hand cast from a European family crest desk wax seal that dates back to 1890.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” by 1" (20mm x 24mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!