A lucky find, a rustic shamrock wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
The shamrock, a three leafed clover, is the flower or badge of Ireland, and often represents St. Patrick's day.
- symbolism -
Legend says that each leaf of the clover has meaning:
the first is for hope, the second for faith and the third for love.
In heraldry, the shamrock is symbolic of perpetuity... lasting forever or a very long time!
Hand cast from a rustic French antique wax seal that dates back to the mid 1800's, shown in the second photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4" by 5/8" (20mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Find other shamrock wax seal necklaces here.
Impressed with history!