A lucky find... a shamrock wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
The shamrock, a three leafed clover, is the flower or badge of Ireland, and often represents St. Patrick's day.
- symbolism -
Legend says that each leaf of the clover has meaning:
the first is for hope, the second for faith and the third for love.
In heraldry, the shamrock symbolizes perpetuity... lasting forever or a very long time!
Hand cast from an antique watch fob wax seal that dates back to the mid 1800's, shown in the first photo.
- approximate measurement - 1/2” (14mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!