Giddy up with a wonderful rustic medieval horse wax seal necklace pendant, silver jewelry for the equestrian.
There was a time when horses were an integral part of everyday life, be it for trading, transportation, recreation or warfare.
- description -
An interesting and rustic depiction of a horse. The French or Latin legend, in Lombardic script, begins with a cross but I have not been able to determine what it says or its meaning.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the horse signifies readiness to act for one's king and country or a readiness for duty. It is also a symbol of speed, intellect and virility.
Hand cast from a small round bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 13th - 14th century, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 3/4” (20mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!