A symbol of hospitality, the silver pineapple wax seal necklace pendant, to the hostess and lovely wax seal jewelry gift for the hostess.
- symbolism -
When entertaining in colonial America, hostesses would include the pineapple in their centerpieces and then cut them open to serve them for dessert. If the hostess could not afford to purchase and serve the pineapple, they could rent one for their centerpiece and then return it where it could then be sold to those who could afford it. If guests spent the night, they would be given a bedroom in which the pineapple was carved into the headboard or bedposts.
The pineapple continues to symbolize the warmest welcome, good cheer, warmth and affection a hostess can offer her guests.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” x 3/4" (23mm x 18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a vintage pineapple wax seal.
More chains, charm catchers and swivel fobs are available here.
Impressed with history... old world charm made wearable!