Be inspired to rise again with a tiny gold phoenix wax seal necklace pendant, the phoenix rising from the ashes. Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In Greek mythology, legend has it that the beautiful phoenix, a bird that after living hundreds of years, settles into a pyre, burns ferociously, and is then reborn, rising from the ashes to begin again renewed. It is the emblem of immortality, reborn idealism and hope.
- approximate measurement - just over 1/2" x just under 1/2" (14mm x 11mm) - it is very small
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver) with a 14k gold vermeil
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a small antique Georgian (1714 – 1830) wax seal ring that once belonged to a child. The beautiful tiny ring wax seal is shown in the photograph but not available for purchase.
Gold vermeil is a technique of plating that was developed by French artisans in the 18th century.
This high quality plating adds a thick layer of gold, in this case 2.5 microns of 14k gold, over .925 sterling silver.
It’s crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic.
Care: it should be stored it in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
As with all jewelry, remove before bathing or applying perfume as this can cause dullness.
Impressed with history!