Be Done with a tiny owl wax seal necklace pendant... FIAT
The owl stands under the Latin sentiment FIAT which translates BE DONE and its origin dates back to 1625 meaning LET IT BE DONE or LET IT COME TO PASS.
Inspirational wax seal jewelry.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the owl is symbolic of wisdom, vigilance and protection.
The Latin phrase FIAT was often used on Jacobite items.
FIAT means LET IT BE or LET IT COME TO PASS suggesting hope that the prince will return.
- approximate measurement - just under 1/2” (12mm)
- the words are small and faint so hard to read
- wax seal charm metal - sterling silver (.925 silver)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout
Hand crafted from a tiny antique Georgian era (1714–1830) gilded intaglio fob wax seal.
Impressed with history!