Make a splash with a rustic verdigris patinated mermaid wax seal necklace pendant ... enchanting wax seal jewelry. The lovely mermaid is holding her comb and mirror.
"I must be a mermaid... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mermaid is symbolic of beauty, grace, eloquence, enchantment and mystery. She represents a safe voyage to those at sea.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 21mm)
- photographed with an old US dime for scale
- wax seal charm metal - bronze with a verdigris patina
- patina charm is well sealed but I would still recommend not getting it wet
- chain - an antiqued brass rolo chain with a lobster clasp (shown in the 4th - 6th photos)
- or an antiqued brass ball chain (shown in the first 2 photos) with a very tiny ball chain connector clasp... this may be challenging for some to clasp. (shown in the last photo)
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
- the listing is for one charm or necklace
Hand crafted from a lovely ornate antique sterling silver fob wax seal which dates to 1805 - 1815.
After impressing the seal into bronze, she is hand finished with a patina process that works its magic differently every time ... the results are always a wonderful surprise and each charm will be different.
Impressed with history!