Make a splash with a bronze mermaid wax seal necklace pendant with eloquence, enchantment and mystery.
"I must be a mermaid... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" ~ Anais Nin
- description -
This lovely mermaid is holding her comb and mirror.
A mermaid is a mythical aquatic sea creature with the head and torso of a woman and the tail of a fish. Mermaid is a compound of the old English words MERE meaning sea and MAID meaning woman.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the mermaid symbolizes eloquence., enchantment and mystery.
Hand cast from an ornate antique silver fob wax seal, which dates to 1805 - 1815, pretty enough to include in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 5/8" x 3/4” (17mm x 21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - bronze
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - an antiqued brass rolo chain with a spring ring clasp.
- a satellite chain is also available
- select the necklace chain style and length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!