A nod to days gone by with a wax seal necklace pendant created with a medieval eight pointed star.
- description -
The eight pointed star is surrounded by Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that begins with a cross at the top followed with "S.IOHAN IS NORMA" which likely translates ST.JOHN'S RULE (thank you nausikaaleukolenos)!
Time to go research St. John's Rule!
- symbolism -
The star appears in cultures around the globe.
Its universal symbolism is one of balance, harmony and cosmic order.This medieval star wax seal is likely astrological, symbolic of the the four corners of space and time... starting in the 12 o’clock position and moving clockwise, the lines of the 8 pointed star represent north, summer solstice sunrise, east, winter solstice sunrise, south, winter solstice sunset, west and summer solstice sunset.
Hand cast from a pendant style medieval wax seal that dates back to the 1400 – 1500’s.
- approximate measurement - 1” (25mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!