I am private! A wonderful medieval rooster or cock wax seal necklace pendant.
- description -
A rustic combed cock, cockerel or rooster is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, which begins with a six pointed star, and reads PRIVESV which translates I AM PRIVATE which was a very common legend on non heraldic personal medieval seals and refers to the seals role in closing a private letter.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the cock, a male bird, symbolizes courage and perseverance, an able man in politics, always ready for battle and ready to fight to the death. In medieval times, the rooster, or cock, symbolized one to commit thy work to God.
Hand cast from a small 14th century bronze Chessman type wax seal, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 5/8” (17mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!