Bloom joyfully with a beautiful and rustic medieval flower wax seal necklace.
"Where flowers bloom, so does hope." ~ Lady Bird Johnson
- description -
A rustically beautiful 5 petaled flower surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, that reads +S'hVCVENIODEPIAVNG. The S' is an abbreviation for sigillum or ‘the seal’ but I'm not sure what the remainder of the legend means... it's likely a personal seal with the name and title of the intended owner.
The flower with 5 petals, or cinquefoil is a representation of a flower with five petals or a leaf with five leaflets.
- symbolism -
In heraldry, the cinquefoil symbolizes hope and joy.
Hand cast from a Medieval pendant style wax seal that dates back to the 1300 - 1400’s, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - 7/8” (21mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!