Spread your wings with a wonderful majestic eagle wax seal necklace pendant, the rustic eagle with its wings spread and its hooked beak.
- description -
The eagle with wings spread is surrounded by a Latin legend, in Lombardic script, which begins with a six pointed star, and reads “PRIVESV” which translates I AM PRIVATE which was a very common legend on non heraldic personal medieval seals and refers to the seals role in closing a private letter.
- symbolism -
The eagle was believed to be the bird thought to fly closest to heaven.
In heraldry, the eagle, symbolizes a person of noble nature, strength, bravery, and alertness.
With its wings spread or "displayed," it signifies protection.
Hand cast from the small round bronze chessman type seal, that dates to the 14th - 15th century, shown in the photo.
- approximate measurement - almost 3/4” (18mm)
- wax seal charm metal - fine silver (.999 pure and recycled silver)
- photographed with an old US dime
- chain - a sterling silver cable chain with a spring ring clasp.
- select the necklace chain length or just the charm at checkout.
Impressed with history!